A diet is more than skipping meals or avoiding “fattening” foods. A diet plan is something that you follow every day, eating healthy foods combined with physical exercise. Diet plans for healthy choices and living a healthy lifestyle.
To help you follow your diet plan and achieve that flat stomach, try these tips:
● Don’t skip breakfast, you need protein and complex carbs to stabilize your blood sugar.
● Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day to avoid dehydration.
● Eat smaller, more frequent healthy meals at regular intervals to maintain your blood sugar.
● Eat more fruits and vegetables. Choose complex carbohydrates and avoid simple carbs and sugars as they are easily converted and stored as body fat.
● Avoid alcohol. Alcohol (and sodas) are loaded with empty calories and once you begin drinking, you lower your diet defenses and start craving sweet or salty high-calorie foods.
● Exercise every day to burn calories, increase your metabolism, manage your blood sugar, all contributing to your weight loss and flat stomach.
Your diet plan should include a healthy balance of lean proteins, complex carbs, and Omega-3 fatty acids. But to achieve a flat stomach, you should also avoid foods that you are intolerant or allergic to such as lactose or gluten as they will result in bloating. Another aspect you should consider for a flat stomach is the addition of fiber and healthy bacteria (probiotics) to your diet. Both probiotics and fiber support healthy digestion, nutrient absorption, and elimination.
Maintain a daily calorie deficit. To promote weight loss, reduce belly fat and flatten your stomach, you must eat fewer (or burn more) calories than your daily calorie recommendation. By eating less and exercising more, you will create a calorie deficit, the energy of these “negative” calories will need to be replaced by burning stored body fat, resulting in weight loss.
Calculate your daily calorie requirement. A woman on average needs about 2,000 calories a day while the average man needs about 2,500 calories to support metabolism and maintain body weight. To lose weight, permanently, you must consume 300 – 500 fewer calories each day.
Starvation doesn’t work. One key to an effective and successful diet plan is to never be hungry. The best approach to avoid cravings and hunger pains is to eat small meals and snacks more often. Five or six small, healthy meals are much more effective than your usual two to three large meals. Between your meals, try snacking on fruits and vegetables and similar low-calorie foods.