Still struggling to lose weight? It’s difficult, but sometimes we make it harder than it indeed is. Successful, permanent weight loss boils down to two major components – diet and exercise. No shortcuts, magic pills or potions, crazy diets or starvation, clean up your diet and get off your butt and get moving. Stop struggling with weight loss and start seeing real results. You can lose weight at home today by:
- Choose Complex Carbohydrates, Whole Grains, and Fiber – Many of our body weight issues can be linked to simple carbs, especially sugar. But not all carbs are evil, your body needs them for energy, but choose complex carbohydrates from whole grains and vegetables to fuel your body as they are less likely to be converted and stored as body fat. As a bonus, these naturally fibrous carbs will help you feel full sooner (and longer) and promotes healthy digestion and elimination.
- Eat More Lean Proteins – Proteins build lean muscle and require more work (calories) to digest. Skip the donuts, bagels, and pastries at breakfast and start your day with a veggie omelet or bowl of Greek yogurt to get your day started the right way.
- Choose Healthier Fats – Fats are essential for good health, but in small amounts. Choose omega-3 fatty acids from olive oil, avocados, nuts and nut butter. Choose cooking oil alternatives like coconut oil which will boost your metabolism and reduce your appetite.
- Drink More Water – A well-hydrated body works efficiently, promotes a healthy metabolism and allows for optimal nutrient absorption and elimination. A glass of water before each snack or meal can also help you eat fewer calories. As a bonus, the more water you drink, the fewer empty calorie colas and sodas you’ll drink.
- Practice Portion Control – Forget counting calories, instead, eat healthier foods in smaller portions using smaller plates and bowls. When you use smaller plates and bowls for your meals, you will trick your brain into thinking that you are eating more and feel full and satisfied.
- Get More Sleep – Quality sleep promotes optimal hormone production to support a healthy weight. You’ll also reduce your stress level which leads to belly fat accumulation through increased production of Cortisol and emotional overeating.
Bottom Line – Replace the unhealthy fattening foods in your diet with healthier choices. A healthy diet and nutrition plan is one of the best ways to lose weight and quickly stay lean permanently.
Now, get up and get moving to promote even faster weight loss results. You will get more rapid weight loss results if you follow a resistance training regime mixed with cardio. Start at home with a bodyweight workout that targets all the muscle groups in your body.